Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tuesday Open House - "This Is My Space."


This week I had an Open House for one of my new listings. So I didn't take the usual trip, all over town, viewing other new hot listings.

57 Market is a Gallery live-in space, just steps to the ocean, on one of the Hottest Streets in Venice. It's also near Art Galleries', World Renowned Artists and Photographers, The Historical Venice Boardwalk, Great Restaurants, a new European fusion bar just opened directly across the street, and a private boxing gym is under construction. A very unique opportunity to live and work near the beach, with concrete flooring throughout, 20 foot ceilings, floating walls, separate work or living area, kitchen and bath. It was previously the LA Louver Art Gallery, a Grocery Store way back and I hear even a Church...the creative energy is amazing.

Anyway, I previewed it for the current owner and when she stepped inside you could see and feel her child energy begin to flow. The previous owner was an extremely well known artist and the place was filled with his over sized pieces. However, in the middle of the room, was a set of congo drums. My client politely sat down and began to play...to my amazement, she was pretty dammed good! She sent vibrations through the space that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. She stood up and said, in her soft tone, "This is my space".
Over the years, she has enjoyed the Gallery, displaying her artwork and envisioned creating a 2nd level, which would afford ocean views. However, her vision has gone to a larger space for gardens and maybe even a pool. So my first open house, as always, I cater a lunch for all of the realtors who stop by...because for some reason, realtors are always hungry. Not to mention, I have a reputation for providing some good lunches. It also gives us time, while they are enjoying the spread to stop and chat about the property and how we can make a deal come together. I played soft jazz in the background; it was such a perfect day, with a great turn out of realtors, all with good things to say about the space. What is a space like this listed for in LA? A mere $3,995,000.

Stay tuned to next Tuesday's Open House...I have three! This Sunday, I might share that experience with you...bye for now!

No comments:

 
All Rights Reserved ©2007 Copyright Michele Blackmon